Be still, and know that
I am God!
Psalm
46:10
wrestling with God and what God wanted for
his life. After
Paul went from a capital campaign pledge of $12,000
to nearly $30,000, his wife threatened to cut off the hot water. Paul listened and God spoke.
Be still, and know that
I am God!
We
blast TV or radio on the morning run. Video games sounds have become normal
background noise in our daily lives. Many
of us are "connected" all
day long in our jobs. Our computers, TVs, iPods, cell phones are all
constantly providing the white noise of our lives. Moment after moment, day
after day, we are surrounded by a cacophony
of sound.
Be still, and know that I
am God!
Silence!
What, in the name of heaven, is silence except
a long forgotten memory? Yet perhaps the psalmist knows a secret.
Be still, and know that
I am God!
As
we strive to be open to God, as we strive to wait upon God, perhaps we need to be silent and still. People who are busy,
(and who isn't?) often say, "but
I have no time to be quiet and still." I promise if you want to find an oasis of peace and quiet you
will find it. Perhaps, we could turn off the radio in the car and drive in silence. Perhaps, we could turn off
the TV while exercising. Go for your jog or walk without the headphones. Ask God to speak, take the time
to listen and you may just be surprised.
Be still, and know that I
am God!
His
name is Paul. Paul took the call to wait on God seriously. His shower time
became his prayer time. As he wrestled with the soap and washcloth he
was
Questions to consider
1.
What is it that may prevent me from
listening to God?
2.
What specific time could I devote to
listening to God?
3.
What do I want from God?
4.
Am I willing to listen and obey?
Prayer
Gracious God, forgive me for my failure to
take time to listen and be still. Forgive me for
filling my life with everything but You. Teach me, speak to me, help
me to listen and give me the faith to obey. In Christ's
name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment